Tuesday, July 8, 2008

9th July 2008

Today it was the first anniversary of Darren's death. I still find it hard to believe that someone so alive just isn't anymore. I'm spending it by myself. I went to the hospital's Spiritual Centre and lit a candle. I'm not religious at all, I don't believe in God but I do believe there is something more out there. I recently learnt a new word "Multiverse" which makes sense to me in explaining what I believe. Anyway I lit a candle for Darren's spirit, wherever he is now I don't know, but I know he is in a good place. He is not a tormented soul anymore. I'll always be sorry I couldn't save him from himself, I wasn't enough.

My life philosophy (Or at least two of them)

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride."

"Life is short and you are dead a very long time."

No comments: